Helper Faeries, also known by their technical name of demifaeries, are tiny humanoid fey with lithe figures and glittering silver wings, sometimes with coloured patterns, that are roughly on a 1 to 6 scale with medium-size humanoids (that is, a ten inch tall faerie is the proportional equivalent of a five foot tall human), and usually weigh approximately 2 or 3 pounds.
Faeries run a very matriarchal society, as the females heavily outnumber the males, and it can sometimes be difficult to tell a male and a slender female apart. Faeries organize into ‘kingdoms’ of ten to a hundred individuals, led by a Faerie Queen, born with golden wings instead of silver. Faerie Queens are, as the name suggests, always female, and have additional powers that most demifae don’t possess.
Faeries focus their skill on one particular trade or skill, but most will refuse to do any other sort of chore or drudgery, instead preferring drunken revelry and light-hearted fun to fill their days. As a result, they get along well with smaller settlements, trading their skills for alcohol and food, mostly. In the event that the kingdom is attacked, however, every member will take up a weapon or tool to defend their fellows.
Demifaerie Racial Traits
● Fey Type: Demifaeries are fey creatures, and have low light vision.
● -4 Strength, +4 Dexterity, +2 Charisma: Demifaeries are physically weak, but incredibly nimble and with a surprisingly strong force of personality.
● Tiny: Demifaeries are tiny creatures and gain a +2 size bonus to their AC, a +2 size bonus on attack rolls, a -2 penalty to their CMB and CMD, a +4 bonus to Fly checks, and a +8 bonus to stealth checks.
● Slow Speed: Demifaeries have a base speed of 15 feet.
● Gossamer Wings: Demifaeries have a fly speed of 40 feet, with average maneuverability. Fly is always a class skill for demifaeries.
● Size Change (Su): Demifaeries can assume the form of a gnomish or elven version of themselves at will as per the alter self spell, with the following adjustments – changing to small size grants +2 Strength and -2 Dexterity, changing to medium size grants +4 Strength and -4 Dexterity.
● Community Role: Demifaeries receive Skill Focus as a bonus feat at 1st level
● Languages: Demifaeries begin play speaking Sylvan. Demifaeries with high intelligence scores can choose from the following languages: Common, Elven, Gnome, and Goblin.
|Equipment and Items||House Rules||Locations||Setting References|